Council Highlights – October 3
Council highlights provide a brief summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found on our website.
- Council directed staff to schedule a CAO Briefing prior to the October 17, 2017 Regular Council meeting to discuss a strategy to present to the Ministry of Environment regarding a secondary access to Wells Gray Provincial Park, trails maintenance, and updating the Parks Master Plan.
- Council directed staff to look into the costs and logistics of installing solar lighting on the connecting multi-use pathway between Murtle Crescent (Buylow) and Murtle Road for consideration during 2018 budget deliberations.
- Council requested that staff provide a cost estimate for line painting from the Blue Bridge to the municipal boundary on Dunn Lake Road and approved that up to $3,750 of the cost be funded by way of the 2017 Road Reserves Budget.
- Council approved awarding the contract for Blair Place Drainage to Borrow Enterprises Ltd. for $15,550, with the funds to be allocated from the 2017 Roads Capital. Up to $4,741 from the Road Reserves Budget will be allocated to fund the budget shortfall of the project.
- Subdivision and Development Servicing Standards Bylaw No. 168, 2017 was adopted. Prior to the adoption of Bylaw No. 168, planners and developers were required to interpret separate bylaws inherited from both the Thompson Nicola Regional District and the Clearwater Improvement District at the time of incorporation in 2007. The new bylaw was revamped to suit needs specific to Clearwater.