COUNCIL DECISIONS – November 15, 2016
For background information on the following Council Decisions, please review the November 15, 2016 Regular Council Meeting Agenda (which is posted on the website the Friday afternoon prior to the Tuesday Council meeting) here.
- Council approved a Grant in Aid request of $250 to the Clearwater Rotary Club for the Christmas Tree Light Up event of 2016, with funds to be allocated from the 2016 Grant in Aid Budget, along with an in-kind donation of power for the lights to be placed on the south side of Highway No. 5, to be allocated from the Parks and Recreation Budget; and directed staff to include the $250 contribution to the (annual) event for the next three years as part of the 2017 Financial Plan process;
- Council directed staff to submit an application to the Canada-British Columbia Clean Water and Wastewater Fund for the design and construction of Well No. 3 and Water Supply Main, and that the District of Clearwater commit to funding its share of eligible and ineligible project costs from a combination of surplus and reserve funds;
- Council directed staff to submit an application to the Canada-British Columbia Clean Water and Wastewater Fund for the design and construction of Treatment Cell No. 1 Upgrading and Headworks, and that the District of Clearwater commit to funding its share of eligible and ineligible project costs from a combination of surplus and reserve funds;
- Council directed staff to partner with the Clearwater and District Chamber of Commerce to produce the community business map book in conjunction with the business license sign up for 2017; and that the funds for this project be allocated from the Business License revenues;
- Council approved a cash donation of $1,000 to the Clearwater & District Food Bank to be expended from the 2016 Grant in Aid budget, and offered the District of Clearwater office to be a receiving station for donations to the Food Bank over the Christmas season;
- Council approved $1,000 for seed money towards the 2017 Winter Festival, with funds to be expended from the 2016 Economic Development Budget;
- Council agreed to postpone awarding the Wells Gray Home Hardware Drainage project till the spring of 2017, and directed staff to review the replacement of the AC water line as part of this project;
- Council approved an amendment to the District of Clearwater Policy No. 1404 – Fire Hydrant Installation, as presented at the November 1, 2016 Infrastructure Committee of the Whole meeting of Council.
Leslie Groulx, CMC
Chief Administrative Officer